Spillman works closely with organizations throughout the public safety industry in an effort to constantly improve our product offerings, stay abreast of trends in technology, and ensure our customers’ needs are being met.
View Spillman’s business partners.
The mission of the Integrated Justice Information Systems (IJIS) Institute is to apply industry expertise to assist justice agencies in the innovative use of advanced technologies to better share information in a way that benefits industry, the public sector, and society as a whole.
As a member company of the IJIS Institute, Spillman works closely with law enforcement, public safety professionals, and other software vendors to help develop policies and create industry standards that improve and promote public safety information sharing.
Spillman employees have served on and currently chair IPSTC (IJIS Public Safety Technical Standards Committee). The goal of IPSTC is to resolve common industry interface communication issues and simplify software standards in order to keep software costs low for end users.
Spillman is currently represented on the NIBRS/N-DEx Advisory Committee, which works to improve national incident-based reporting systems, as well as the Emergency Communication Task Force under IPSTC. Today, IPSTC is working to standardize LiveScan interfaces. Spillman employees are also involved with the Emerging Technologies committee, which addresses new technologies as they affect the public safety and justice industries.
Previously, Spillman has helped IPSTC create functional specifications for RMS and CAD systems that agencies can refer to when creating an RFP. Spillman has worked in this committee to complete a number of white papers to define industry standards:
- Governance Agreements in Public Safety Information Sharing Projects
- Data Sharing Between Computer Aided Dispatch Systems
- Standardized Interfaces and Exchanges for Justice and Public Safety
- NIEM Conformance for RFPs
- Use Cases in Public Safety CAD-to-CAD Data Sharing
Spillman also helped form the committee for Contractor Personnel Background Checks, which produced a white paper and is represented on the IJIS PSDI (Public Safety Data Interoperability) committee, which defines information-sharing standards for public safety agencies.
Other Industry Memberships & Involvement
- International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP)
- Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO)
- National Sheriff’s Association (NSA)
- National Emergency Number Association (NENA)
- National Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (NLETS)
- American Jail Association (AJA)
Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce
Spillman Technologies is a proud member of the Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce.